This is my own story here on physicians using mobility.  I was at a retail electronics store this weekend promoting Intel processors when a consumer came up and asked me a couple questions.  He had his PDA out and was working on a project of some sort I could tell.  He also had his son with him and the son was in the market for a new computer.  He asked that I talk with him son while he finished his project. 

I was able to briefly see the screen of the PDa and wouldn't you know the physician was finishing up a CME (continuing medical education) course and had Epocrates (who offers this on the PDA) on the screen.  I recognized the screen as I too subscribe to Epocrates for my own knowledge and to demo for physicians. 

I talked with his son while he finished the project.  Afterwards I was nosy enough to ask a couple questions.  The physician stated he uses their courses all the time to keep current and although they are not his only source, it sure helps on keeping his credentials up to date quickly, so I guess it goes to show you never know where you might see productivity in action! 

Once completed, all 3 of us began talking about processors and then once more, he was working with the PDA, this time to take notes on another subject, what they came in the store to talk about, computers. 

In a prior post I included some screenshots of Epocrates on a PDA and you can use the link below to view and find out more about Epocrates and the mobile CME courses they offer.

Epocrates screenshots and information

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative