In view of the recent story this week, this could be a potential replacement for creams that contain drugs to reduce swelling and pain. BD
BioElectronics is the developer and marketer of ActiPatch™ medical devices which deliver pulsed electromagnetic frequency (PEMF) therapies to accelerate healing of soft tissue injuries. A reduction of pain and swelling allows patients to return to normal activities much sooner. This patented technology is based on clinically proven, widely accepted PEMF therapy.
The Company's ActiPatch is a drug-free, painless, pulsed energy patch. The ActiPatch has FDA clearance for the treatment of edema following blepharoplasty.
We deliver a solution that:
- Provides continuous treatment
- Is easy to use
- Is safe
- Is affordable
- Provides localized, non-systemic treatment
- Is lightweight
ActiPatch is not:
- Not A Magnet - ActiPatch delivers a pulsed electromagnetic field.
- Not Heat Therapy - ActiPatch is heat free, not a diathermy unit.
- Not A TENS Unit - Unlike TENS, PEMF does not deliver an electrical current through the body to block pain.
- Not A Pharmaceutical - ActiPatch in not ingested or injected and is not systemic.
- Not An Office Based Therapy - ActiPatch can be worn in the comfort of the patient's home.
- Not A Bone Growth Stimulator - ActiPatch is delivers a low power pulse and is not designed to heal hard tissue (bone).
Source: BioElectronics: Home