It was just a couple days ago I wrote about endoscopy imaging for HealthVault and now we can ultrasounds to the list of images you can store in your PHR. One nice feature is to not have to wait for someone to prepare a DVD of images. BD
Multi-Media Data Sharing Comes to HealthVault PHR–Store and Share Your Endoscopic Videos From Physicians
Candelis’ ASTRA cloud-hosted suite of services is providing for the secure transferring of patient digital medical images and studies to patients’ Microsoft HealthVault accounts upon their request.
Microsoft HealthVault is a personal health application platform that lets consumers gather, store and share health information online.
These services benefit patients in a number of ways:
- Patients can obtain control of, archive and easily access their medical images stored in HealthVault from any Internet connection.
- Patients will have full control over their data and can grant access to family members or caregivers as they desire. As an example, expectant couples can easily share Ultrasound images of their baby with loved ones.
- Patients can avoid unnecessary duplicate imaging procedures and associated healthcare costs.
The connection of Candelis’ ASTRA Services with the HealthVault platform also benefits healthcare providers in the following ways:
- Access to past imagery can provide caregivers with more information to help improve patient care
- Costly CD/DVD publishing and distribution can be eliminated