Interesting and good reading...from one who made a transition...BD

So many of you have sent me emails asking for this post. Here it is, words of wisdom from Kaiser IM hospitalists... I have a few friends who are IM hospitalists at Kaiser. This is what they had to say... What is a hospitalist? A hospitalist is the primary care physician who focuses on inpatient care. I chose to become a hospitalist because I grew weary of the day to day mad-house of ambulatory (clinic) work. Hospitalized patients tend to be "more interesting", and I feel more 'productive' (like I'm really helping sick people feel better) working in the hospital. Also, the business aspect is less cumbersome. I don't have to deal with managing people, a clinic, a business, etc. Also, since the hospital is open 24/7, the hours tend to be more flexible, and shift-like...which has it's perks.

EM Physician - Backstage Pass: Working at Kaiser as an Internal Medicine Hospitalist

Hat Tip:  Kevin, MD

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative