Ok I’m going to take the opportunity to once more mention how recalls could be handled.  Hospitals have registries of products but sometimes things can and do get missed, and people die being implanted with devices that were not pulled and used by mistake.  Actually I have a little campaign going on here to use Tags to solve this issue.  I even have a link at the top of this site that goes into a lot of detail here. This is simple, no cost and yet it appears I can’t break through some thick dead heads to look.  Tags can be stored both on the product and online. 

image

This is where you will find the idea for a solution.  Below is a recap on my post from November on the recall from Synthes.  I had a doctor tell me he really likes using Tags as he uses them for information from his “Golf Magazine” and likes it, he thought too this was a grand idea for both devices and drugs.  Soon your PHR records will also have the capability of being imported in this fashion and with all the cell phones with cameras, there’s no shortage of a device and the Tags are free.  BD 

Synthes USA Vertebral Body Replacement – Recall From the FDA to Stop Implanting Immediately

This is a class one recall, the most serious type.  I’m adding it here in case it is missed anywhere else.  The picture shown is from the company website and may not be representative of the exact device being recalled.  Hopefully the notice will be found by all involved.  This brings me back around once more to a post I made back in October, what if this is missed and someone ends up with a recalled implant?  I did a post about a man who died who was implanted with a device that had been recalled, a hip replacement device. 

Tracking Medical Device Recalls – Sounds Like A Good Place for a Microsoft Tag Data Base at the FDA

The Food & Drug Administration issued warnings to Millipore Corp. and Cardiac Sciences Corp. and a Class I recall to Synthes USA.

The Food & Drug Administration issues a pair of warnings to Millipore Corp. (NYSE:MIL) and Cardiac Sciences Corp. (NSDQ:CSCX) and put out a Class I recall of Synthes USA's (SIX:SYST) Synex II vertebral implant.

FDA issues warnings, recall | MassDevice - Medical Device Industry News

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative