Well will we still see Santa Claus who has a few extra pounds at imageChristmas drinking a Coke:)  That’s the first thing that popped into my head and this will be interesting to see how the commercials address obesity.  Myself I don’t think I could drink a regular coke anymore as “diet” has been on my agenda for so many years.  According to the article the commercials are going to show healthy ways to work off the calories you drink which is around 140.  For 140 calories I want something to eat and not really drink

I even watch some of the “healthy” beverages for calories too and don’t over indulge there either if am a little heavy on calorie consumption for the day and stick with my water until I get to start all over the next day.    The article says soft drink sales are decreasing but you couldn’t tell it from the grocery and drug stores I shop in.  Maybe one of these days all soft drinks may be diet where there is no sugary choice.  BD



NEW YORK (AP) - Coca-Cola became one of the world's most powerful brands by equating its soft drinks with happiness. Now it's taking to the airwaves for the first time to address a growing cloud over the industry: obesity.

The Atlanta-based company on Monday will begin airing a two-minute spot during the highest-rated shows on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC in hopes of flexing its marketing muscle in the debate over sodas and their impact on public health. The ad lays out Coca-Cola's record of providing drinks with fewer calories and notes that weight gain is the result of consuming too many calories of any kind - not just soda.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/20579357/coca-cola-to-address-obesity-for-first-time-in-ads#ixzz2I0VcFXPe

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative