From the blog of a dentist...how he is maximizing his use of a Tablet PC...BD

Yesterday I spent the day at a continuing education course here in KC. I was at a lecture titled "Contemporary Topics in Periodontics" given by Dr. Gretchen Bruce.

In the "old days" I would have taken a notepad and pen to take my notes (I'm a copious note taker). Then I would come home and transfer all of my written notes to my computer. I would have created a Word document and then saved it so that if I ever needed to refer to the info, I could find it easily.

What a time saver the Tablet is! I took all of my notes digitally and then simply transferred them to my network when I got back home. Since the Tablet has handwriting recognition, it was as easy as writing on paper. The Tablet accepts my Sprint Broadband card so I was able to check e-mail and upload photos during the break.

We're currently using the Tablet as a check in kiosk in my present office location, but once we move in mid December I plan on using it as a mobile workstation that I can carry around with me.

Yahoo! 360° - John Flucke's Dental Tech Blog

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative