Greg Parr was injured over three years ago while working as an electrician. He fell and injured his left arm and shoulder. After more than three years, he still cant get authorization for needed care Outside the Workers Compensation Appeals Board in downtown Riverside, he told his story of how an insurance company has been able to get away with leaving him and his family I the lurch by overruling medical care recommended by his doctor that he needs to get back to work. He called for Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner and Division of Workers Compensation Director Carrie Nevans to investigate insurance company abuse of "medical care review.

Fighting back tears, he says, "I am a single father, have diabetes and have lost my job and my sight in one eye since this injury at work. If the insurance company had approved the needed treatment, I would probably be back at work today."Greg Parr lost his health insurance as a result of his injury on the job. He says: “When the doctor removed me from work temporarily, I was fired! Because I was fired, I lost my health insurance. I can’t get better without treatment, and I am getting worse without the proper care. I still need surgery and I can’t get approval for needed care. My diabetes has been aggravated by the injury, the stress from getting poor medical care, and the financial disaster that has happened to my family since this injury. I have gone blind in my left eye, and my right eye is not far behind. I can’t wait any longer.

A Day in the Life: Riverside Electrician Can't Get Medical Care Three Years After His Injury on Job--Asks California Insurance Commissioner to Investigate - California Progress Report

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative