One more story in the quest for virtual insurance...BD 

Dr. Kurtz says insurance companies have a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders. But whether you have insurance or not, there is no one looking out for you.

In 2005, I lost my job and was unable to pay the $1,250-a-month premium for COBRA. Later I discovered that my company charged that much to discourage people from getting the insurance.

I found myself in need of medical attention for an infection. I went to the emergency room, and when I told them I had no insurance and was unemployed, they showed me the door and told me to come back when I could pay. This happened six times while I lived in Michigan. No hospital would see me. They did not care. All they would do is give me a prescription for medication that I am allergic to.

Even though I am employed, I have no health insurance because the company said that all of my health problems resulting from the delay in care are pre-existing and will be denied.

When Health Insurance Does You No Good - WSJ.com

1 comments :

  1. Wow - can I relate! Shame on those hospitals for turning someone away with no insurance.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative