Nice story as you can sometimes find support from web communities that you may not receive from friends and associates..good story and glad it worked for her.  BD

Then one day her sister gave her a computer. Inspired by the friends she'd made online and no longer judged by how she looked, Makin finally took control of the situation. 

"The anonymity of the computer gave me access to a world that would have just as well have left me alone, alone to die but I did not," Makin wrote in a letter describing her saga.

Today Makin weighs a healthy 170 pounds and hopes others will be inspired by her story to take back their own lives.  Before she knew it, the political junkie was surfing through chat rooms and making friends, beginning to find value in herself again. "I was being loved and nurtured by faceless strangers. … Friends accepted who I was based on my mind and soul."

ABC News: Woman Loses 500 Pounds Online

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative