More and more integration is being tied to your cell phone these days...here's a few examples of some additional work and work in progress...already I get alerts that tell me I have messages and now the phone is going to tell me when to take my pills, and if I were a diabetic reminders could be sent to take injections, etc., and a cap that image monitors when I apply my sunscreen every time I open the tube....well wait a minute here...alert overload?  Do I need a message to tell me to apply sunscreen?  I hope this one proves to be an either opt in or opt out...when you stop and think of where all this can go, it can be a bit over whelming to say the least...will I ever be able to think for myself down the road, just something I am pondering...would I simply forget my daily tasks and medications without my cell phone...weird thoughts I know....but it's what's on the way and the challenge will be how to manage our lives and take what is helpful and what we can use and leave the rest....if that is possible...BD 

But ultimately phones carried by hundreds of  millions of healthy people may offer a bigger opportunity.

Verizon Wireless last month said it would offer Pill Phone, a simageervice that allows people to look up drug interaction over their phone, as well as schedule pill reminders.

SexInfo, a sexual health hotline aimed at teens in San Francisco, allows teens to find clinics and basic information just by sending text  messages. Other researchers are eyeing text messages as an ideal way to send reminders to diabetic patients.

Researchers at the Center for Connected Health and local hospitals experimented with text messages to remind dermatology patients to imageapply topical medicine and test their compliance. To monitor patient behavior, they developed a special monitoring cap for sunscreen that sent a time-stamped text message to a server every time the tube was opened. Patients also received daily text messages informing them of the weather and reminding them to apply the lotion.

The results are in... and you're going to be fine - The Boston Globe

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative