I haven't even begun to start with the Health Vault for myself...now there's Google, so image here goes...I am already signed up with Google for a number of online services, including imagethis blog, so the creation of the file was pretty simple and effortless.   Google and its decision support partners include, Safe-Med, include SNOMED CT, LOINC, NDC, RxNorm, and ICD9.  I recognized the ICD-9 terminology right away when making my first entry...I have included some screenshots here from filling in some basic information...and yes I do have airplane ear....was surprised to see this on the list! 

I put a Penicillin as a pill I am allergic to and included Keflex which I am taking for a sinus infection and an interaction page appears for knowledge purposes....

image 

And here's the page for conditions where I was able to add and view details regarding my airplane ear....and other allergies....

imageI moved on next to explore the health services....screenshot below...and these are health care service that can link to my Google Health Profile....

image 

"When you link a website to your profile, you may authorize that website to read your Google Health profile or to automatically send and update information in your profile (such as medical records or prescription histories). You decide which permissions to grant when you sign up with each website."

After entering my age, weight, etc. it nicely calculated my
BMI for me as well...I added my family practice MD.  One of the partners with Google Health is Quest Labs, nice to have those imported and linked to your account with Quest...

Overall, very easy to understand and use...nice format and from my point imageof view it would appear to be simple even to the novice on the computer to get started....although there are still tons of people who still are not  connected....click on the picture above to view the story...one fifth of US Households have never used email...one out of three households have never created a document...20 million unconnected homes...and the article states it is mostly related to attitude and not seeing technology as a benefit and hopefully this will change.

Google did a good job for the PHR and kept it simple!!   BD 

One feature includes a link to help users  find doctors by location or specialization. The "virtual pillbox" notifies patients when they need to take medications and possible drug interactions between different drugs. Users can also import medical records if they are available in digital form.

The service includes links to major U.S. pharmacy chains, doctors, and hospitals. Partners include Walgreen Co, Longs Drugs Stores Corp, CVS Caremark Group, AllScripts, Quest Diagnostics and the Cleveland Clinic.

image

Google offers Google Health for medical records - Yahoo! News

Read more here from Dr. Halamka, CIO of Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston, one of the initial partners.   

"At BIDMC, we have enhanced our hospital and ambulatory systems such that a patient, with their consent and control, can upload their BIDMC records to Google Health in a few keystrokes."

http://geekdoctor.blogspot.com/2008/05/launch-of-google-health.html

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative