41% said they can't afford the insurance...and the strike continues...BD 

In the heart of California's leading healthcare provider, Kaiser Permanente, an increasing number of security officers report they either don't have health insurance or can't afford the plan for their families.

Kaiser contractor Inter-Con Security is supposed to provide all 1,500 officers who protect Kaiser patients and employees with individual healthcare after the first 90 days of employment. But an increasing number of workers report that Inter-Con is not following through with promises to workers.

"I have three kids and I've been working for Inter-Con at Kaiser for almost two years. I usually work 40 hours a week, but Inter-Con has me classified as 'on-call,' so can't get health insurance for myself or my kids through my job," said Renee Meyers, a security officer in Santa Rosa.

Workers with no healthcare protecting Kaiser Permanente facilities

del.icio.us Tags:

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative