How much information is on the web?  Chances are there’s a lot more online that what you might think about.  There are advantages and disadvantages.  One advantage is that they are accessible anywhere with computer access.  Privacy issues are still in the main stay though as we hear story after story about security breaches.  In many cases imageyou may be able to opt out of participation, but the procedures may vary from plan to plan.  Chances are if you have not opted out, you are opted in.  The records of course are under secure access and all the required information and permissions need to be entered for access.  For personal health records, you can use services such as Google Health and Microsoft Health Vault for your own files, and even import information from other available participating software companies who partner with them.  BD 

ATLANTA, Georgia -- Imagine my surprise when, in the course of doing research for this story, I stumbled upon my own personal health information online.  There it was in black, white, and hypertext blue. My annual mammograms; the visits to the podiatrist for the splinter in my foot; the kind of birth control I use -- it was all on my health insurance company's Web site. And that's not all: The prescriptions drugs I use were listed on the Web site where I get my prescription drug insurance.

Yes, indeed. Every diagnosis, treatment, and doctor's appointment I'd had since 2003 was on the Internet. All I needed to get them was a phone call to my insurance company and information other people might know, such as my Social Security number, date of birth and address.

Your private health details may already be online - CNN.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative