Handwritten prescriptions can add to this with names looking the same, good case for E-prescribing at minimum.  The pharmacists want little more information on the scripts, like what the drug is for, sort of a check and balance system as even though the names are similar, it would send up an alert to the pharmacist that the one that could be a mistake does not treat the conditions written on the script. 

WASHINGTON - Take the generic drug clonidine for high blood pressure? Double-check that you didn't leave the drugstore with Klonopin for seizures, or the gout medicine colchicine. Mixing up drug names because they look or sound alike like this trio is among the most common types of medical mistakes, and it can be deadly. Now new efforts are aiming to stem the confusion, and make patients more aware of the risk.

Beware of drug names that look, sound alike - Health care- msnbc.com

1 comments :

  1. My name is David Root and i would like to show you my personal experience with Klonopin.

    I am 25 years old. Have been on Klonopin for at least 4 months now. Started taking it for anxiety and a chemically induced teeth grinding problem from an antidepressant. It works great. It helps with the teeth grinding, and I take a very low dose of it. I don't abuse it. Abuse it, and your asking for problems. I don't see a problem with addiction (I was in a situation where I was without it for 4 days, and I was fine).

    I have experienced some of these side effects-
    None, a little sleepiness, but nothing ground breaking

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    David Root

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative