This is a free service from Microsoft that requires Office 2007, but gosh is it handy.  Now you will need to have a text messaging plan with your wireless carrier.  I use Verizon and have unlimited texting, so this comes in very handy by all means.  When I receive an email, a text message is sent to my phone.  I can see who the message is from and it I determine I need to read it immediately, I synch with Windows Live and read my mail.

You could also use this with other email accounts too, so if you are a physician on the move and need to be aware of emails sent, this is the place to go.  You can also set up SMS forwarding to send your daily calendar to you in a text message too.  BD 

SMS Link for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 is a service that enables you to send and receive text messages from Office Outlook 2007 as well as receive SMS text message notifications of appointments, contacts and tasks on any SMS text messaging capable mobile phone. Using this new technology, you have the ability to get the time-critical information you require when you need it, using software you know and the phone you already own.

image

image

You set it up as an additional email account in Outlook.  I live in Outlook so this is extremely helpful for me when I am on the go.  BD

image

SMS Link: Home

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative