Kennedy sits on the Subcommittees on Labor, Health and Human Services and is also a member of Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.   BD

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy has checked into an unnamed medical facility for help with his recovery from imagesubstance abuse, the Rhode Island Democrat said in a statement Friday.

In May 2006, Kennedy, the son of Sen. Edward Kennedy, was admitted to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, a day after slamming his car into a security barricade on Capitol Hill.

At the time, Kennedy said he had been suffering from addictions and depression since he was a young man.  "In consultation with my doctors, I have decided to temporarily step away from my normal routine to ensure that I am being as vigilant as possible in my recovery. I hope that in some small way my decision to be proactive and public in my efforts to remain healthy can help remove the stigma that has served as a barrier for many Americans reluctant to get the help they need."

Patrick Kennedy checks into rehab facility - CNN.com

1 comments :

  1. I don't know from personal experience, but addition is a tough issue to handle. I wish him the very best.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative