This is sad and the accidental hitting of his large intestine that created an infection for a normal routine gall bladder removal even adds a little more despair here imagewith Healthcare reform and all the talk amongst the news.  He had the initial surgery at the National Naval Medical Center and Bethesda and was admitted later to a Virginia hospital, so it appears it was the nick of the intestine and developing infection that lead to his death. 

You wonder if the infection could have been found sooner, but that is something I guess we may never know.  Rest in Peace.  BD

CNN) -- Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania, a longtime fixture on the House subcommittee that oversees Pentagon spending, died after complications from gallbladder surgery, according to his office. He was 77.

The Democratic congressman recently underwent scheduled laparoscopic surgery at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, to remove his gallbladder. The procedure was "routine minimally invasive surgery," but doctors "hit his intestines," a source close to the late congressman told CNN.

Rep. John Murtha dies after surgery complications - CNN.com

1 comments :

  1. Careless doctors! The same happened to me. I developed sepsis after a routine operation. The doctor didn't reconnect my colon properly, and it leaked feces into my body. I was in ICU for 21 days and almost died. This butcher doctor got off scott free, as no one would take my legal case since I wasn't injured enough.

    I say this doctor is a hazard, and should be out of the medical profession for good before he finally kills one of his patients.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative