Horrible story....and makes a point about double checking your work sometimes...when it comes to healthcare, oops is just not good enough...and now this one is another case added to the legal and court files...and this one rightly so...BD

When she heard the diagnosis of invasive lobular carcinoma, Darrie Eason had but one thought: Please don't let me die. Four months and a double mastectomy later, doctors told Eason that her tissue sample had been mislabeled, and that she never had cancer. "I didn't know what to believe," said Eason, a 35-year-old single mother from Long Beach. "They told me I had cancer and now they're telling me I didn't. I didn't know if the next day they were going to call me and say, 'Sorry, we made a mistake, you really do have cancer.

The case is not the only one of its type on Long Island.

Lab mix-up leads to unnecessary double mastectomy -- Newsday.com

Hat Tip:  Kevin, MD

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative