Sure I think so, we become a product of the environment and the company we keep...there's still much about our emotional make up that we don't know and maybe will never know all..comes back around to balance...in my own occupation of IT consulting I make a cognizant effort to determine image which item or part of my work to focus on for the client...i.e.  am I the networking tech today, software installer, trainer, or sales person?  Depending on client needs, and sometimes I am providing more than one service...as an example, I do not focus on sales at the same time I am doing a software installation, or try to train while doing the same, that is done on another day when I put on my "training" hat...so I can not only keep myself focused, but also not to confuse issues with clients as these items to have a tendency to cross at times...and then there' the end of the day where you dump all of this imageto go see a movie and take a break!  It's a challenge we all fact today with multi- tasking...having to switch gears on the run and sometimes depending on the situation it's better to switch days as well as gears...address the other scenario when you can focus and give full attention to the matter at hand and provide a better consulting solution if it is not an emergency situation...there's probably a bit of "bi-polar" lurking in all of us somewhere..now just think about the physician and the number of gears he deal with every day...with healthcare decisions they may not always have this luxury at all times to put issue off to another time and day...image

But....is there a pill for uncontrollable crying when the pressures mount?  According to this article there is work in this area of "involuntary emotional expression"...I had no idea what it was until I read the post....will it make us happier folks and will the FDA be able to substantiate it's value...I guess time will tell....BD 

Ron and Carol Rossetti had a storybook romance. The two were high school sweethearts, went to prom together and married after college. "He was like the fun in my life," Carol Rossetti recalled. "But had I known the ride I was going to be in for, I'm not sure I would have signed up for it."

Spouses are at high risk for depression when one party has a clinical disorder like depression or bipolar disorder, because they spend a large amount of time with them and are emotionally invested in their well-being.  "I was so blocked up, I couldn't respond to her overtures," Lappen said. "Outside of the marriage, she wasn't depressed. She was able to tap into her vitality and vibrancy."

ABC News: Is Depression Contagious?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative