Just a short note here to advise that I have updated the i440D with Service Pack 1.  The update went off without a hitch.  It will take about a good hour or so to complete, but the entire process is pretty much on auto-pilot. 

image There big reason for me to update was for some additional compatibility with Office 2007, which was running fine before, but now Outlook appears to load a bit faster and I believe there is a small decease in the boot time, but I have not actually timed the event.  I live in Outlook and have several add on features that make it easier for me to work with items such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Pay Pay, Conference Scheduling, Attensa RSS Feeds software, Outlook Connector for Outlook Live and a few others, so I have a very busy toolbar, and everything is still working well.  Here's what my toolbar looks like...as you can see I take full advantage of any item that will maximize Outlook integrate features that make life easier for me.  One of my absolute favorites is connecting to Windows Live Maps, it sure makes finding address a cinch without ever leaving Outlook.  Service Pack 1 has been just fine in my book with no reported issues at all.  It will be included shortly in the normal Windows Updates per Microsoft, so if you don't update manually, be ready to have the unit out of operation for an hour or so to complete the process.  BD 

image

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative