If I am reading this correctly the trademark for Healthspek is owned by EaseMD Systems, who is an EHR vendor selling eClinicalWorks electronic medical records so it appears the software was created by an EHR vendor.  Walgreens in talking about their API being available for developers appears to be connected with this vendor creating an application for the Ipad for a new version of a PHR. 


image

I do believe Walgreens still has their original PHR which has connected with HealthVault since 2009 as everyone does not have an Ipad. 


Walgreens and HealthVault Connection Now Available

Here is the Healthspek website and you can also watch the video below to see how it works. It’s not free but you canimage download at the http://chartnow.com/ to use.  In addition for the security of the product you also need to visit ChartNow to get your access code.  All these connections are great but outside this group I connect with on the web, do you how hard it is to first of all explain this and second of all generate interest?  Ask me as it’s not easy as everyone is on app overload for one and secondly, just getting a little bit of interest with busy folks today is not easy either.  I follow and report on all this stuff and you know what, I’m overloaded and way over tasked here with trying to give consumers some simple advice, so here you go one more big fat app:)  Also, it’s not fun (grin) putting all this together but every app tells you it’s fun anymore, but it’s nothing like playing World of War craft.  I did a post on that a couple years ago to make my point, what’s on the agenda tonight working on my PHR or playing World of War Craft.  It might be a great app but quit telling me it’s fun:)

 

In addition not too long ago it was announced that anyone at Walgreens in the pharmacy area can also access your medical records on the system provided by Greenway Medical that sells an EHR system. 

 
Walgreens Expands Take Care EHR Medical Records to be Available at All Drug Store Locations for Reference–Not For Me I’d Rather Use My PHR And Choose What I Want To Share…

What this tells me is to stick to a non tethered PHR as I don’t know who all the 3rd parties are here and with data selling being such a big focus, more so than customer service anymore, I’m doing what I can for a little bit privacy as I know what happens the algos, too many at a time, go rogue.  Read my Google story if you like, no human like me made a call to tell the machines to do anything, they did it themselves.  BD

Start Licensing and Taxing the Data Sellers of the Internet Making Billions of Profit Dollars Mining “Free Taxpayer Data”–Attack of the Killer Algorithms Chapter 17 - “Occupy Algorithms”– Help Stop Inequality in the US


 

Walgreens is proud to introduce Healthspek (for iPad) as one of our two launch partners for the brand new Pharmacy Prescription Refill API.  Healthspek is a compelling app through which a consumer builds his personal health record and manages his health care.

“We are excited about our relationship with Walgreens.  Walgreens leadership position in technology and consumer empowerment fits perfectly with Healthspek's message to consumers ‘Own Your Chart!’,” said Randy Farr, president of Healthspek. 

http://healthspek.com/#overview

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative