The warnings are nothing new, as I myself have used such products and my physician warned me years ago of the potential blood clots with use of the products...the product works great though I must say...and sure was nicer than taking a pill...but I myself no longer use the product over the same concerns and the potential connection to breast cancer...BD 

Citing studies indicating the birth control patch increased the risk of dangerous blood clots, Public Citizen has petitioned the agency to withdraw the Johnson & Johnson product over a six-month transition period in which the healthcare giant is urged to release a newer formulation. (Look here).image

The consumer group argues that Ortho-Evra results in 60 percent more estrogen on average exposure; greater variability in estrogen levels; a possible two-fold increased risk of venous thrombosis; increased risk of side effects such as breast discomfort, severe menstrual pain, nausea, and vomiting; a 50 percent increased likelihood of discontinuation, and no improvement in contraceptive outcomes.

Pharmalot » FDA Is Urged To Ban J&J’s Ortho-Evra Patch

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative