I am very much looking forward to this show...why....hate to admit it, but I have the same and similar thing...and it is different to live with.  No I have not bothered to keep a diary and watch very little TV, but what the story says is true about remembering what happens to you...it also depends on what you focus on....there can be a number of things going on around me and if I am not paying attention or am not focused, then no, this does not stay in memory.image

Anyone who has known me for a while can hear me remark about the fact that there are things stored upstairs that I wish would "go away"...the part about being a recording is very true though as I refer to it like accessing a data base...it is a strange phenomena when asked a question and the voice and explanation that comes out is on auto pilot...I'm not even thinking at the time, or thinking about something else at the same time...I can be awake at any hour and go back to some data base query that I wrote 5 years ago....now that is the stuff I really don't need, worked as a real asset when I was actively writing code though...but for some strange reason it's still there.  Working with data did a lot to enhance my memory, thus when I use any electronic devices, well that's another story and I guess I should head on over to UCI soon...(grin). 

You do get some funny reactions from others though or strange I might also say...the only time when I totally shut down is when I am sick and basically I am making the effort mentally saying no, I don't want to do this today or a couple glasses of wine will help shut things down too...otherwise it's just like a hard drive on a computer constantly spinning around accessing memory. There is a difference also between just accessing information about an event and information that relates to any type of a process...the latter sometimes takes a few more seconds to kick in, thus I think the name of the "Medical Quack" here has perhaps been appropriate....and fun too! 

What would you do if you couldn't forget anything in your life? For most of us, our memories fade as we age, and only the occasional song, smell, or photo will take us back to a particular time and place.

"I would get totally stressed out if I had to memorize a poem, or if I had to memorize a monologue for drama class, I would completely freak out," Price said. "Because I can't do what they do. I can't look at a phone book and memorize names. I don't do that. It's just really my life."

ABC News: 'It Makes Me Crazy': Woman Can't Forget

Related Story:  http://www.physorg.com/news129561635.html

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative