Great article about how useful Tablets and Tablet software can be.  I too am a big fan of One Note from Microsoft Office.  Back a few months ago, One Note helped me work a convention with doing my homework up front.  Yes, there were many selling tablets at the HIMMS convention, but I found myself to be somewhat of a lone ranger and using it.  I was able to cover a number of contacts all through having my notes done ahead of time, and while conversing, I made notes right during my meetings, so I didn’t have to try and remember what was discussed at the end of the day and current and accurate information at hand, same thing holds true for medical records too.

Working One Note with Outlook is also one great tool, as I can easily export an email if I am going to need to reference information contained there in with a meeting, and again, I can write all over it as well.  It certainly makes for much better productive meetings and on the other side of the coin, I’m not wasting valuable time having to rehash the same information discussed before.  One other item worth mentioning here is the fact that I can “query” notes from prior meetings and conversations and have those to reference in less than 60 seconds too, so no more having to go back and pull out a stack of yellow legal pads to find old notes.  You can read more here on how I used One Note to work a convention.  Since I am not a student, I guess I fit category #1.  Here’s another related article from the past, how Executive Management can benefit too, anyone who attends meetings can use a tablet.  BD 

There are two kinds of people out there who get Tablet PC’s:

1. The kind of person who likes walking through a busy St. James Park with a Tablet PC on a sunny day, probably with a Bluetooth headset attached, talking to someone about “being very busy with lots of business”, “meetings”, “canceling my 2 o’clock” and “getting back to people”…

2. Students.

Tablet PC’s have recently come into the news as the next generation of computers, because Windows 7 will be supporting multi-touch features, so everyone’s getting into a bit of a tizzy about it. But over the last few years, with the help of technology, written notes are slowly becoming a thing of the past….

http://blogs.zdnet.com/igeneration/?p=255&tag=nl.e539

Technorati Tags: ,,

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative