This is actually pretty nice and somewhat resembles a couple other products I use, but not for reading the news.  There are subjects you can sort by and you can have “headlines” on the top row and “health” on the bottom for a quick example.

 image

You can also zoom in to see the larger versions of each page and use the arrows to scroll.  So far this is fun and I’ll see how much I am going to be using it since news articles for me to comment about are something I search out.  Right now my tool of choice is Twitter, how I read the LA Times, The Onion, New York Times and many more in the Health categories.  Occasionally I’ll go to the entire paper when I have time to browse, but what is important to me is not to miss the items I needs to read.  I do like flipping through the headlines to get me out of healthcare for a while too, nice.  BD

image

Google introduced a new tool today as part of Google Labs that lets readers flip through pages of magazines and newspapers online.  The new product called Google Fast Flip lets readers browse sequentially through pages of participating publications.  The Google blog says that Fast Flip enables readers to flip through pages on its service faster than most rich-media pages online, which more accurately replicates what its like to browse through print pages (where readers don't have to wait for pages to load).

Google's Fast Flip Makes Reading Print Publications Online Easier (GOOG)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative