There is a big concern....will your EMR vendor be around and for how long....a good website for discussion is EMR Update, where this and other medical records items are discussed...there's also a permanent link on the resources right hand side of this site and I am also active here in the forums contributing from the technology and software end of things....BD 

I’m the only physician in our multi-physician group who uses an EMR. I can manage my patients remotely. I can be at home, look up the patient in the server, write a prescription and send it off to the pharmacy. The whole package was $45,000. People looking at the books say you probably shouldn’t have done this.

I happen to have purchased a system where [the vendor] is now out of business. That’s a big fear. There are dangers there.

Health Blog : An M.D.-Legislator Pushes for Electronic Medical Records

Kevin, MD

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative