This is a bit of a departure from the blog, but this device works.  If you don’t happen to have a late model care with blue tooth embedded, get this.  imageIf you travel and use rental cars, this is the answer.  We all know about the laws for using a cell phone in a car and this solves the problem. 

Once you pair the device with your phone, it automatically connects when the speaker has power and the phone is in range.  The big button there is an answer/hang up button.  It also turns to control volume and there’s a USB port on the side.  The quality of the sound is good. 

The phone can be on the seat, in my purse, doesn’t matter as long as the speaker is connected.  On the site it sells for $29.95 and at the store it was about $10.00 more, but again it works and amplifies both ends beyond what the speaker does on the phone itself.  BD  

The Black Series™ by Shift3® Bluetooth® Hands-Free Auto Speaker
Speaker works with most Bluetooth enabled phones and allows for hands-free communication. It features a USB 2.0 port for charging devices such as cell phones or mp3 players, and its 12V DC power jack allows for use with your car's lighter socket. Volume control features LED indicators for connection status and speaker has reception up to 30 feet. Speaker measures 3 1/2" L x 2 1/4" W x 1 1/2" D.

The Black Series™ by Shift3® Bluetooth® Hands-Free Auto Speaker - Bed Bath & Beyond

4 comments :

  1. I bought this had no problem pairing it and making calls. I could hear the person I was calling but they could not hear me as well. I realized that when the unit takes over my bb the volume bar sticks at half and does not allow me to increase it. I have spoken bb support and they say the device is the problem. I am about to return it but would like to keep it if I could resolve the issue. Many thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the type of phone had something to do with it as well, mine works ok. I have a Windows Mobile phone. I do like the fact that you can take it with you from car to car as well. Good luck and maybe they will resolve the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you pair this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hands-free calling systems vary widely from one car manufacturer to the next. Variables include whether the car has a flat-panel display, call buttons on the steering wheel, and so on

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative