Well the patients in the US have to wait a little longer and it is amazing that in Europe as the title suggests has generics available.  In May of 2010 Plavix was given a ruling by the FDA to establish a black box warning too. 

FDA Gives Plavix New Box Warning Relating to Metabolization in the Body – Step One Toward Personalized Medicine

In addition CVS announced 13 drug therapies that will be included in the initial offering of their integrated Genetic Benefit Management service and Plavix is one of them.  The firms said that they are offering the industry's first Best Test Genetics Network, which coordinates pharmacogenomic testing for members of CVS Caremark's network.  BD

Sanofi-Aventis SA and Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. Tuesday said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted them an extra six months to exclusively market their top-selling blood-thinner Plavix in the U.S.

In a joint statement, the two companies said the FDA gave them a pediatric exclusivity for Plavix, and that their exclusive right to jointly market the world's second-biggest selling drug in the U.S. is now scheduled to expire on May 17, 2012.

FDA Extends Exclusivity for Plavix - WSJ.com

3 comments :

  1. I guess it is working great to relieve the possibility of clots, for I have no sign of a clot returning. However, I am covered in bruises and my stomach is knots more, I feel bloated and uncomfortable. I am unable to drink even a small amount of coffee in the morning, even a few hours after having taken the dose. That being said, I have to take it for at least a year after my heart attack, so I guess I have to deal with these side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The F.D.A. is corrupt.... They are in the pockets of the drug companies. They could care less about people getting ripped off from using Plavix. Patent extended.... The F.D.A. have been killing people since 1906.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color me paranoid, but this smells like the FDA taking care of "Big Pharma" at the expense of consumers.

    What the heck is wrong with these people at FDA?

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative