This is hilarious as I have said for the past 2 years we need role models and today I had some fun on twitter asking which PHR members of the ONC use?  Anybody up for discussion there?  If they are so good, then why doesn't anybody in positions of government in authority talk about theirs and the benefits they get?  

This is sales and marketing 101 here.  We have a very large society of what I call the “non participants” that sit around and try to figure out why everyone else won’t participate so if this is not an oxymoron, I don’t what is <grin>. 

I do an occasional post from time to time and readers just eat up when I talk about rules and regulations as well as software "for those guys over there" which I have coined.  Ms. Sebelius does no PR in this area as well as our Surgeon General who has PHR for individuals, so go figure:)  We come back to "its for those guys over there" again.

I wrote this after the election and there's links in there to my past articles about role models and either how they suck or mostly don't exist, so stop and think how does everything else get marketed, people talk about their good experiences and what they like...PHRs...not a word...not rocket science to figure this out.  The link below was from November of 2010 but there were plenty more before this one. 

HHS National Plan to Improve Health Literacy – Not Going To Happen Until We Focus on Using Technology (The Tool for Literacy) Which Includes Role Models at HHS And Other Places in Government

I did a blogger panel today and this came up in a round about way and again what I said made send to all, no role models.  I think everyone still has some kind of health last time I looked and this is not a choice situation like buying a car.  It helps to roll up those sleeves and get out and talk sometimes too.

JUST PARTICIPATE AND BECOME ROLE MODELS AND WE CAN ALL SAVE SOME TIME AND MONEY HERE WITH A FEW LESS REPORTS, HOW DO YOU THINK THE REST OF THE WORLD FUNCTIONS, LOOK AT IPADSF FOR A SIMPLE EXAMPLE.

I know we have the peer pressure too of doing this may not be “cool” and I know what that’s all about as I have used Tablet PCs ever since they came out and sure I was a “goober” for a while but now look where we are since the IPAD came out, it’s tablet fever, so again, our folks in lawmaking and administrative capacities will have to settle down for the PHR goober routine for a while until it catches on and be the PHR examples and cheerleaders

Once these folks figure out what they need as consumers by becoming participants, the rest will follow pretty easily.  Oh and by the way I have the largest PHR section on the web with all kinds of information here at the Medical Quack, just go to the imagePersonal Health Records at the top of the blog and I think I’m up over 360 post now, all on PHRS and I have a few links here to some free PHRs, so it doesn’t get any better than that!  BD 

The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality has published a notice in the Federal Register asking for ideas from experts outside the healthcare industry to help improve and increase consumer use of personal health-record systems.

The notice asks the White House Office of Management and Budget to approve an information-collection project called "Understanding development methods from other industries to improve the design of consumer health IT." The comment period on AHRQ's request closes March 28.
"New practices for the development of consumer-facing digital tools are emerging in a variety of industries," according to the notice. "The success of information management tools in other industries offers much to be learned and applied to the healthcare field."

AHRQ wants other industries' ideas for health IT - Healthcare business news from Modern Healthcare

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative