Surgical cameras now going HD as well.  Good article and reading.  Also to be featured on a National Geographic TV special.  “JPEG XR,” HD Photo was introduced with the release of Windows Vista and this is the format being used.  New high quality video for the OR coming of age.  BD

hdksea

I have previously posted about my research on the use of high definition TV (HDTV) for surgical endoscopy.  I am honored to have participated in the evaluation of the highest resolution surgical system ever created which I used to capture the footage showcased in the amazing upcoming National Geographic HD special “Inside The Living Body” which will be the first surgical procedure broadcast in HD.   

What’s also new is that this system allowed me to record footage that will be seen by the lay public in their living room that is higher resolution and quality than virtually any surgeon has ever seen in the OR!

In this post I want to review the system used and how it differs from other surgical systems.   This will also give me a chance to review many of the failings of HD systems in use in the OR today as well as provide surgeons with important caveats in choosing a system.  I’ll also provide you with some photos and stills from the system and further details of the National Geographic TV special.

World’s Highest Resolution HDTV Surgical Camera - Ever! - First Exclusive Evaluation » docinthemachine

Hat Tip:  Medgadget

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative