I read this article through and I really don’t see any difference from what I experience in the primary care doctor’s office today?  If the compensation is there, well certainly you will have a better functioning office, but the offices already does everything stated in this article, so the concept of a “medical home” is a bit confusing. 

The potential 35k a year would be helpful for the practice, indeed, but it states that is the maximum additional compensation per physician.  The office already has patient teams, the medical assistants do the follow up and work closely with the physicians and patients already, so I have a hard time thinking a small practice could hire nurse practitioners and nutritionists if they are already barely holding on, and it states the offices would have longer hours?  I would love to have the old Marcus Welby doctor back, but I don’t quite understand this “new” concept?  Did I miss something?  What is a medical home? BD

States, the federal government and private insurers are experimenting with an idea to cut costs and make patients happier: Paying primary-care doctors extra money to oversee and coordinate patients' care.

Old-fashioned docs inspire new 'medical homes' - USATODAY.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative