Oh you have love this, how can a person today not read!!  My 83 year old mother depends on the Internet and searches out her Medicare information all on her own, she and I do more than that too, we file share with Folder Share from Microsoft, so we don’t have to email pictures! 

She also orders her prescriptions online, and did I teach her how to do that, no, she learned on her own by not being afraid to “click” and go there, and of course she reads!  She also does her own online banking too, all self taught by reading!!

So Senator McCain get with the 21t century and join the others in Congress who are using technology, you just might be glad you did. Why ask someone else to do for you, what you can do for yourself.  BD 

(AP) -- If Sen. John McCain is really serious about becoming a Web-savvy citizen, perhaps Kathryn Robinson can help. Robinson is now 106 - that's 35 years older than McCain - and she began using the Internet at 98, at the Barclay Friends home in West Chester, Pa., where she lives. "I started to learn because I wanted to e-mail my family," she says - in an e-mail message, naturally. Blogs have been buzzing recently over McCain's admission that when it comes to the Internet, "I'm an illiterate who has to rely on his wife for any assistance he can get." And the 71-year-old presumptive Republican nominee, asked about his Web use last week by the New York Times, said that aides "go on for me. I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself.

Unlike McCain, many seniors depend on the Web

2 comments :

  1. It sounds like he doesn't even have the basic's down. He has been procrastinating for a good many years. Now isn't that a fine quality for someone who may become President?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, don't you just love how some folks just don't like change or technology!

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative