Dennis Quaid is continuing his efforts for better safety in taking a tour of a hospital in Dallas that is using a bar coding system. Hat’s off for his continued efforts and taking the time to find out what’s available out there. As everyone remembers his 2 children had staff infections and were taken to Cedars-Sinai, which was the visit that ended up being disastrous with the Heparin overdose. BD
DALLAS — Actor Dennis Quaid, whose twins were given an overdose of a blood thinner as newborns at a California hospital, toured a Dallas hospital on Tuesday to learn about a system to prevent such errors.
Officials at Children's Medical Center Dallas showed Quaid and his wife, Kimberly, the hospital's system of bar-coding medications to allow the drugs to be tracked electronically from the point of dispensing until being administered to the patient.