Are you a small practice that needs accounting software? The integration process continues with Office Accounting Express and Professional. I live in MS Office myself, and use Microsoft Live Office for my site, email, etc. Now PayPal has been added, so you have other alternatives to accept payments on line from vendors or patients.
The free version is for a single PC installation and will allow you to also connect to an accountant with your practice bookkeeping information. Online demos are available here to watch. It is available in a Spanish version as well.
Upgrade information to the Professional Version can be found here, like the music and animations here with a nice little Samba in the background.
One more way to take a look is to use the online demo, which can be accessed here. Be sure to install as an administrator when using Vista as it does use SQL express as the back end to store the data.
I like the Live online selections as you can work with a real demo situation before making any commitment for purchase or the free download. You will connect via a Citrix Metaframe connection to start exploring. Anyone who connects with a VPN will recognize the format.
The FAQ section can be found here for information on the various versions.
I use Microsoft Live Office as well and now you can connect through Live Services to transfer accountant information. Read more about Office Live here. One of the best things for me to come out of Office Live is Outlook MAPI, no more having to use a 3rd party software application for my email! I can access my email through my desktop Outlook through the Outlook connector or I can log on to Office Live via the web, and even if the computer I am using does not have Word installed for a simple example, Office Live allows me to open and view the file. The calendar feature has now been added too and synchronizes with my Windows Mobile Cell Phone perfectly too. Everything in synch made simple these days. My Office Live website can be viewed from the blog where I have created a "widget" site with previews of my recent posts, along with those of others who have a medical blog and widget.
You can't beat the price for free for setting up a small practice bookkeeping and the integration with Desktop Office and Office Live are great, less work for me! BD
Microsoft® Office Accounting Express is an easy to use accounting package that works with other Office applications you already know.
Save time on everyday tasks
- Get started in minutes with a step by step interview wizard
- Create invoices, track time and expenses and bank online
- Enter data once and share it seamlessly with other Microsoft Office system programs
- Manage payroll and accept credit cards with affordable add-on services that save you time and money
Get a complete view of your business
- See customer, vendor, employee and financial data in one place
- Get business insights with customizable reports
- Easily share your books with your accountant through Office Live
Grow your business online
- List items on eBay, manage sales and download transactions
- Email invoices and get paid faster with PayPal
- Process credit card payments directly in Office Accounting
- Improved! Enhanced reporting and analysis tool pack: Create your own Excel and Access reports and add them to the list of standard reports for easier access. Powerful analysis tools are now incorporated directly into Office Accounting for easier access.