One more program to confuse us when needing a prescription, although I’m sure there is money to be saved here, but shoot I like the $4.00image or $10.00 generic prescriptions offered by others, no enrollment and no questions asked, simple.  For the monthly fee, you might need to be a patient with some constant medications being prescribed to get your money’s worth as participating begins at $50.00 a month; however there could be some benefit to savings on some name brand medications. 

So I went to the “Costco Insurance Agency” link, which clearly states I am leaving the Costco website and takes me to a page for Aetna for a little more information.  Now when you arrive on this page, there’s a ton of pdf documents made available for you to read, take a little time as there are many including an introductory letter, a formulary listing, disclosures, exceptions, and so on.  By the time you get through all of this you could be even a little more confused, but there’s a phone number listed if all the information on the web doesn’t make things crystal clear, didn’t do it for me anyway.

 image

Now I put in a commonly used drug, Cipro and went for the generic, and the calculator tells me what it would cost me for the year, but obviously most are not on an antibiotic for an entire year, so perhaps another choice would be better, but I came up with over $5000.00 on the calculator, so perhaps I did something wrong, I told you this process is not simple and easy, me included.

Good luck if you can figure your way through this maze and maybe save some money, it just keeps getting more complicated all the time and again this really make me want to stay with the $4.00 folks.  Actually I stayed on there long enough trying to make sense of it with reading here and the page “timed me out”, so good luck.  image

You can also go right to the Costco site for their normal prescription drug prices which are pretty simple and straight forth and I link to their pharmacy from this site too

On another side of the coin though, you can have all your health insurance information from Aetna now imported to your personal health records with HealthVault from Microsoft.  BD 

image

HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aetna (NYSE:AET) announced today that it has formed a unique alliance with Costco to help consumers access an affordable and comprehensive Medicare prescription drug plan. Medicare beneficiaries now have the ability to purchase the new Aetna Medicare Rx – Costco Plus Plan, which is available in 17 states (Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Virginia and Washington)

The plan premiums range from $50-$70 a month, depending upon the region. In addition, there is no deductible. Consumers who sign up for this plan and have their prescriptions filled at Costco will also have a maximum co-pay of $5 for generic prescription drugs ($10 if filled at other network pharmacies), and in some cases will have no co-pay for generics.

In addition, Medicare beneficiaries will have multiple options for enrolling in the plans, including the program website or over the phone with Aetna and Costco sales representatives.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/081103/20081103006163.html?.v=1

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative