If this gets approved, I hope the taste will not be gone from the diet drinks if the “natural” sweetener is what the article states.  Certainly don’t want a product that doesn’t taste as good, and I hope this is for a better product and not another economic decision as we have seen so much of lately, even with our chocolate bars we buy containing chocolate products and where oil products have substituted for cocoa butter as it is cheaper.  I guess time will tell when we get our first taste.  BD  

FDA response on stevia sweetner likely next week The FDA could respond as soon as next week to filings for stevia-based sweeteners that Coca-Cola Co. and PepsiCo hope to use in their drinks, Beverage Digest reported Friday. Beverage Digest, a trade publication, cited unnamed sources in both the sweetener and beverage industries.

Atlanta-based Coca-Cola has been working with Merisant, a food products company, on a sweetener called Truvia. PepsiCo, based in Purchase, N.Y., has been working with Whole Sweetener Co. on PureVia. Truvia and PureVia both use rebaudioside A, a purified form of stevia, and are being pitched as an all-natural, no-calorie sweetener. The companies are waiting to see if the FDA has objections to the sweeteners.

LOCAL BRIEFS | ajc.com

3 comments :

  1. Dear Quack- Coca-Cola is teamed with Cargill not Merisant? Get your facts straight before you start Quackin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara,

    I can hardly believe that major soda manufacturers are hoping to use stevia for sweetening!!!! Amazing because stevia in it's unadulterated form is a healthy food. I've used it for years in drinks and in baking. No calories, doesn't affect your blood, great for diabetics, heals the pancrease.

    My website is http://enjoyingyourhealth.com, where I address particular health issues. (mental health related)

    Warmly,

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the correction it was an error I believe in my source here as well. I just sure hope it all tastes as good. I love diet coke myself.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative