Interestingly enough, while I was watching this video, my cell phone rings from Anthem Blue Cross with an automated questioning system about taking care of my health, somewhat of a parody as I was reviewing the video for the blog.  I went through the system and first off I do have to make one comment, I found it to be an interruption of my time.  Luckily I was in my office updating the blog, but what if I was in a meeting with a client?  Is this appropriate to blast off computerized calls to cell phones?  Are we to the point when insurance companies are going to dictate to me as to what time of the day I need to address my healthcare? 

Why do the companies need to impose on my time, especially during the fact that this was done during business hours, can't they wait until after 5 or to in the evening to do this?  Yes I do want to take care of myself and can improve my own health issues, but why do I need a call in the middle of the day, again from a computer to advertise this?  I am sure there are others out there today who received the same notifications as the names were queried from their data base and selected for the solicitation. 

Now back to the premise of this video, one startling fact brought about the bankruptcy situation here is that 75% of the people in this study HAD HEALTH INSURANCE, so the offer of protection is only partial and even with insurance, if you get sick, you are still left out there hanging.  The automated phone call today was not in the interest of better health, but rather more of a osmosis type of marketing technique.  Watch the video as there are some very good points made here. 

The second video is a clip from Robodoc, a comedy movie, but it makes a point here on how healthcare is viewed and sometimes administrated today.  The administrator here certainly feels better about his decision and this is a dramatization to a degree.   We all need to feel good about decisions we make and today it is more challenging than ever, and stop and think, it the quest for saving money worth a decision making profile shown here?  And do we need those marketing calls from the insurers on our cell phones as mentioned above?  How far will all of this go?  Perhaps this is another issue for the State of California to look in to, how healthcare insurers market and when.  BD   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAStkva6cDk                                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So103NTwIMY

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative