This kind of thing really does happen with people that are too heavy and depends on the part of the body being scanned too, I have heard this from physicians that they have had to send patients to a veterinary facility before.  So what do we do, build bigger MRIs in this sagging economy, or lose weight?  If we lose weight, we would be healthier too, so maybe kill two birds with one stone?  Sounds good to me.

This woman had to do quite a search to find an open MRI that would be able to do the scan and even at that point, it can only be open so far.  BD 

Hospitals flummoxed by patients too big for MRI machines

Carolyn Ragan told the television station she discovered the tumor two years ago and, after the hospital told her she could not use their MRI machine, a medical assistant said he would help her find a solution.

“So he suggested the Kansas City Zoo,” Ragan said. “I thought, I know I’m big, but I’m not as big as an elephant. And my husband got mad.”

FOXNews.com - 275-Pound Woman Says Hospital Told Her to Use Zoo MRI - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative