Earlier today Microsoft announced their online tool to determine if you or somebody you know might have the H1N1 virus.  This is an online evaluation to where you are presented with a number of questions for response.  I did a fictional analysis just to check it out and see how it worked.image

As you can see in the image below, I received a red box saying this person could have the H1N1 virus.  I also went to the next step and added this to my HealthVault Account just to go through the motions as I really didn’t need the evaluation right not but wanted to see how the rest of the process takes place.

I was not able to make the online blogger conference today but here’s a brief run down of what was covered.  

“A representative from the Company will discuss how you can use online resources to manage health concerns from your home, debut the service and answer any questions.
A doctor from Emory University who developed the service will also be available to answer questions about H1N1 and what people can do to help limit the spread of the disease.”

Homeland Security also has a great video which I posted a few days ago that really gives some nice in-depth information into the H1N1 virus along with quite a bit of history.  

H1N1_Information_2009109171510Use the Flu Self-Assessment, based on material from Emory University, to:

  • Learn whether you have the symptoms of H1N1 flu (swine flu)
  • Help you decide what to do next

Take Flu Self-Assessment

image

Licensed from Emory University

You will have the opportunity to consent to share the information you provide during the self-assessment for public health, education and research purposes. This can help health officials, researchers and others learn more about where symptoms may be occurring in the U.S. If you do not consent to store your responses as described in the survey, we will not retain the information you provide after you leave the site.

image

I have both myself and Mom listed here, so you can see I am presented with a question as to which file this assessment applies to. image

I selected myself and off it went.  BD

image 

H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) Response Center – Microsoft

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative