Great minds think alike!  Sometimes I feel like the lonesome soul out there talking about using tablets in various scenarios, and nice to hear another blogger substantiate what I write about.  Earlier this year I did just this, and used One Note, I covered the HIMMS convention in style, with One Note.  Sure there were lots of tablets on display, but if you are going to promote their use and benefit yourself, you have to “talk the talk and walk the walk”.

A tablet PC is the perfect way to work a convention and have all your notes with you, and yes I used One Note too and had my homework done up ahead of time.  You can read about it here.  You can also watch a plastic surgeon here using a tablet with consultations with patients.  The folks I spoke with appreciated the fact that I was taking notes as well and already had some intelligence information on their business up front, saved time in not having to ask redundant questions.  It was a big help and I have everyone’s booth number right at my fingertips.  BD 

My full write up right after the show can be seen here.  Also, with the new 10 hour battery for the Sahara i440D, you are set to cover the show all day long!  BD 

A pen makes a lot more sense for note taking than a keyboard because it is unobtrusive. So a Tablet PC is ideal for note taking at conferences.  A Tablet PC goes under the radar at a conference because it takes the expected form of pen and paper.  On the other hand, if you pop out your laptop, the people around you might suspect that you’re hacking the Internet or something! Using Microsoft OneNote to organize your conference notes and capture the audio at the conference will help you to make use of valuable information.

http://blog.tabletpc.com.au/2008/07/07/tablet-pc-101-15-take-notes-at-conferences/

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative