If you are a senior and were looking for a Part D supplement policy, Aetna is one carrier that won’t be able to accommodate you effective April 21st.  This does not affect anyone who is currently enrolled in either the Advantage Plans or Prescription plans.  I’m sure they want to get back on the bandwagon soon as Part D supplements is where the big money is and we all help contribute to the government side of this.  image

As I read the article here it states that there are issues with Medicare relating to the prescription drug plans that resulted out of changes made on coverage.  I don’t know about you, but I used Epocrates just as a patient so I can help the doctors out sometimes when needing a prescription.  Some are up on this but when I see a paper doctor who is still hanging out in tech denial world, I help them and look it up myself.  I am primarily look up the $4.00 generics though from Target to see what is covered when I need to.  I also hint they they could do this too. 

It’s kind of sad that Medicare, even just as a back up or small pilot didn’t look into setting up their own pharmacy benefit manager internally when Part D was started years ago.  BD 

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Aetna Inc (AET.N) is suspending marketing to and enrollment of new members to its Medicare plans for the elderly because of sanctions imposed by the U.S. government, the health insurer said on Friday.

Aetna, whose shares fell 3 percent, said the suspension was effective April 21. It affects Aetna's Medicare Advantage and standalone prescription drug plans, but does not affect its current Medicare enrollees.

Aetna halting Medicare enrollment over sanctions - Yahoo! News

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative