Being I am a blogger I have to address this topic somewhere along the line.  I hope this can all work out favorably for everyone.  We all have issues with those folks who take articles and do not give credit to the source, AP, another blogger, you name it.  As far as using a portion of a story to elaborate and discuss, I think those guidelines could be a little clearer as it only serves to help both parties for readership. If the AP were less stringent on the interpretation, they might see some additional coverage of some of their stories and naturally when blogging comments start, more folks go back and read the full publication as well.  Let’s hope this works out to benefit all.  I know myself when I have had the choice to choose either a story from an AP file or there is one written from another source on the same subject, I’ll go for the other story every time so as not to have to worry about any issues.  That is how I have done it thus far.  BD 

(AP) -- The Associated Press, following criticism from bloggers over an AP assertion of copyright, plans to meet this week with a bloggers' group to help form guidelines under which AP news stories could be quoted online. Jim Kennedy, the AP's director of strategic planning, said Monday that he planned to meet Thursday with Robert Cox, president of the Media Bloggers Association, as part of an effort to create standards for online use of AP stories by bloggers that would protect AP content without discouraging bloggers from legitimately quoting from it.

AP to meet with blogging group to form guidelines

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative