This is a bit wild with the statement saying that the music can bring about the same feelings as being on weed, Cocaine, opium and peyote, but I can believe that certain sounds can be irritating and some very relaxing, we all see that in real life. 

I can also see this as being a form of disconnect from the world too, but the sites come along with a 40 page brochure that tells one how to getimage addicted.  I guess between the sounds and real drugs, this seems like a better choice for the body’s sake if you had to choose.  The dangers though as stated in this article though is that the music does in fact lead to getting addicted to real drugs with links and so on.  

Some schools are now banning IPods as well but it looks to me like a means to escape for a while from reality as that is what real street drugs are supposed to do and this seems a bit less costly.  It’s all about the fascination of the mind today it seems and we can’t get enough mind game analytics to read up on:) 

I find tons of articles in healthcare addressing what effects certain things and devices have so it sounds like the kids are finding their own way out to disconnect for a while, as an overdose of sensors and devices can certainly have the potential to send one off to the funny farm.  Yesterday the electric company was all excited in telling me that soon I can have alerts sent to my phone on how much power my house is using, do I want that, of course not as it’s too much with everything else I do with my phone, so you can see how integrated everything is becoming.

I also wondered too about how long before the electric company will tie into a blue tooth device taking my blood pressure so we could analyze that too and see what effect looking at my electricity use has on my blood pressure (grin). 

Yes this is in jest but I am trying to suggest that some of what we analyze today and combine with other data can get pretty stupid, but it’s out there is someone believes they can market it, and thus we have a difficult time today in determining “what is marketing and what is a substantial analysis”. 

So second thoughts maybe I should try out one of these songs and zone out for a few (grin) as it physically is not a pill or anything to ingest or inhale by all means. (grin).  BD 

Kids around the country are getting high on the internet, thanks to MP3s that induce a state of ecstasy. And it could be a gateway drug leading teens to real-world narcotics.

At least, that’s what Kansas News 9 is reporting about a phenomenon called “i-dosing,” which involves finding an online dealer who can hook you up with “digital drugs” that get you high through your headphones.

I-dosing involves donning headphones and listening to “music” — largely a droning noise — which the sites peddling the sounds promise will get you high. Teens are listening to such tracks as “Gates of Hades,” which is available on YouTube gratis (yes, the first one is always free).

Report: Teens Using Digital Drugs to Get High | Threat Level | Wired.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative