I couldn’t pass this one up.  Technology in healthcare involves using the right tools, and I have always said being mobile requires the right equipmentimage so why should one be walking around with a notebook that resembles an “open pizza box” as shown here. 

I became tired of “flipping lids” a long time ago, even at a coffee shop, watching others needing to find a table to light their notebooks to be productive.  With a tablet, I can be anywhere, no table required.  Here’s a post I wrote on the topic a while back.  Myself, I hate flipping lids and prefer a slate tablet.  BD 

Is It Time to Cut the Cord with Wireless and Tablet PCs in the hospital and office?

Below is a picture of a story the La Times reported on showing how Dr. Dennis Saver is using his PC and electronic medical software to  improve patient care.  I'm not sure carrying a laptop is the best choice. I would have preferred to see him carrying a tablet PC, but at least he is using information technology to manage the patient chart and all the associated documentation that goes along with it.

Active Ink Software Blog: Information technology holds promise for advancing healthcare

Related Reading:

Biomedical Electronic Measurements Class at Duke Taught with Tablet PCs

Technology “It’s for Those Guys Over There” said the CEO – I Don’t Do Digital Notes
Bringing Providers, Health Care Executives and Administrators into the 21st Century
Microsoft Speech Recognition Presentation - Computer Friends at the Oasis - Newport Beach, CA
Tablet PCs on CSI – New York – Classic Post Revisited
Duke University -Learning Science with Team-Based Learning and a Tablet PC

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative