I use RitePen software on my tablet and it makes it easier than having to locate the tip to enter data and there’s much more it can do.  There’s a small learning curve as imagethere is with any software, but you can take up the entire screen to write, do it sideways, you name it.  There are also short cut gestures and a vocabulary builder.  I thought with all the talk about tablets of late, let’s look at something else you can do with the appropriate software.  I know a couple of doctors that swear by this for their data entry. 

The video below shows editing a prescription and the inking is available in any Windows program. I just like the fact that I can be as sloppy as I want with my writing.  Where does inking come in for Citrix, well if you are running a VPN at the hospital and want to incorporate at this level, you can.  Response time is good with recognition from the server and many pre-configured items can be customized at installation so every user benefits. 

I have it running on Vista both on my Tablet PC and on my IMAC, when booted in Windows and using a Wacom tablet to the side.  My Wacom tablet is about 4 years old and works well and one day I’ll want to update that to a wireless tablet add on for my IMAC.  Yes my primary computer is an IMAC and it spends a great deal of time booted in Windows, so I keep everyone happy that way. 

The product integrates with EverNote, which I used to use but in that area I have a One Note addiction going on here, but RitePen works there too.  When considering inking on a tablet with recognition, this is one to think about, inking, macros and a whole lot more.  BD 

One EHR company provided their own video as an example on how it works in Practice Partner, so you can watch some actual footage here of the commands, etc.  Their video shows how to create a macro, in other words how to automate a process in the EHR, cool stuff.  You could do this again in any EHR or Windows program.

Write anywhere on your screen in continuous words and phrases, in smooth electronic ink. Watch your handwriting converted into text and entered into  any application. It's that simple.
With ritePen 3.5, you can also mark up your screen, enter and edit quick notes, draw perfect shapes and charts, send your clips to Evernote, use advanced  ink commands to control your desktop life, improve forms data entry via context aware recognition, and much more...

image

  • Main dictionary now includes common medical terms and abbreviations.
  • NEW Customizable Punctuation Pane allows entering special and rare symbols.
  • NEW Seamlessly enters text into remote applications over Citrix and RDP corporate installations, including Citrix "seamless window" mode.
  • NEW Recognizes Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish handwriting.
  •  image 

    Ritescript Products | ritePen

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment

     
    Top
    Google Analytics Alternative