Let’s see how much would a new shredder have cost…chances are much less than putting out the fire and having the story in print.  BD

HIGHLAND FALLS — Old medical records burning in a fireplace of a vacant building led to a chimney fire Friday afternoon, firefighters said.
Highland Falls fire Chief Mickey Lee said the building at 15 Wyandotte Ave. was formerly a doctor’s office and had recently been sold. The building’s occupants were destroying old medical records, but their paper shredder broke, so they decided to use the fireplace, Lee said.
Firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading. Lee said there were enough smoldering medical records stuck in the chimney to fill three garbage bags.



Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative