Yes there is a genomics based test for this now, male and female. Inquiring minds want to know. If the answer comes back yes, then get a hold of some Propecia©. If you have the gene variant, you have approximately a 70% chance of going bald, and the same in reverse if you do not have it. There are FDA approved medications for both male and female. BD
Why should I take The HairDX Test?
- The HairDX Genetic Test predicts your risk for hair loss or thinning
- By the time hair loss or thinning is noticeable — almost 50% of your hair could be gone
- The only FDA approved treatments are best at preserving EXISTING hair — not re-growing lost hair
- The HairDX test will help predict your hair loss BEFORE you can see any visible hair loss
What will The HairDX Test tell me?
- The HairDX Genetic Test for Female Pattern Hair Loss provides women with a score, called the CAG repeat score
- A smaller CAG test score is associated with a higher risk for significant hair loss (Ludwig grade II or III hair loss)
- A larger CAG test score is associated with a lower risk for hair loss
- Scientists discovered that only 2.3% of women with a CAG test score below 15 did NOT develop Female Pattern Hair Loss