This is just scary as to how long he was able to go and howimage many hospitals he worked at the the cath lab.  He was taking the pain killing drug to inject into himself and then the syringes were re-used giving the patient something other than the pain medication they were prescribed.  30 people alone in New Hampshire were infected and the hospital in Arizona fired him but when taking a drug test two years ago he passed it.  Another employee found him passed out and he flushed the syringe down the toilet.  He lost his license in Arizona, then moved out of state and went to work in other hospitals. 

The agency responsible for placing him at the various hospitals is also being sued.  He was found in a hotel room with a bunch of prescription drugs and he wrote a suicide note.  Testing has been recommended for about 4,700 people in New Hampshire alone, and officials still are determining who should be tested in a dozen hospitals elsewhere. In addition to Arizona.  The patients never got their pain killers and this man continued to work.  If nothing else moving from state to state and from hospital to hospital I would think could bring up some red flags?  BD

(CNN) -- A radiologic technologists' association didn't punish David Kwiatkowski -- later accused of infecting dozens with hepatitis C -- when he was fired in 2010 from an Arizona hospital because it "did not have first-hand evidence" against him to warrant such a move, the group said Monday.

The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists said it suspended Kwiatkowski on July 24 after he was charged in federal court with obtaining controlled substances by fraud and tampering with a consumer product, namely a hospital syringe, in New Hampshire, according to an affidavit. He is suspected of stealing fentanyl, a powerful narcotic frequently used in hospitals, the affidavit said.

Two years earlier, he was working at Arizona Heart Hospital when a fellow employee found him passed out in the men's bathroom, according to documents obtained by CNN. 

"I looked in the toilet and spotted a 5 cc syringe and a needle floating in the water," the employee said in a statement submitted to the Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency. "The label was a blue fentanyl label. ... He then said, 'S*** ... I am going to jail.'"

According to state, county and hospital officials, he worked as a radiology technician and medical technician in cardiac catheterization labs in the following locations:

-- Oakwood Annapolis Hospital in Wayne, Michigan, January to September 2007;

-- Saint Francis Hospital, Poughkeepsie, New York, November 2007 to February 2008;

-- UPMC Presbyterian, Pittsburgh, March 2008 to May 2008;

-- Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center, May 2008 to November 2008;

-- Southern Maryland Hospital, Clinton, Maryland, December 2008 to February 2009;

-- Maryvale Hospital, Phoenix, March to June 2009;

-- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, July 2009 to January 2010;

-- Maryland General Hospital, Baltimore, January 2010 to March 2010;

-- Arizona Heart Hospital, Phoenix, March 2010 to April 2010;

-- Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, April 2010;

-- Hays Medical Center, Hays, Kansas, May 2010 to September 2010;

-- Houston Medical Center, Warner Robins, Georgia, October 2010 to March 2011;

-- Exeter Hospital, Exeter, New Hampshire, April 2011 to July 2012.


Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative