What happens when you don’t answer your tweets on Twitter, well you end up with your video over here. Actually this is a good video from Woody Pewitt, Microsoft Dot Net Evangelist in southern California who is now working with start up companies with software and all kinds of other support offered at the Startup Zone. I have included a few lines from the post I did back when the Startup Zone was introduced back in November and you can use the link below to view all the additional content.
As you can hear from the video, Woody is ready to help. He can’t live a day without code! Actually I know Woody and he can answer just about anything you can come up with and a good person to work with if looking to get your start up company running in the software department and he like tablet pcs too. He also talks a bit about the Silverlight project used at the San Diego Zoo. I just wish I got to work in all those nice surroundings (grin). BD
The program is designated for start up companies, and we have plenty of those in healthcare. You do need to qualify, but the website is pretty complete with instructions, information etc. You need to be in business for 3 years or less and have revenues of under a million, so that leaves open a pretty broad spectrum of potential candidates. If you were to pay for the software, depending on what your needs would be, the charges would start ringing up in in hurry. The FAQ page is located here.
Microsoft® BizSpark™ is a global program designed to help accelerate the success of early stage startups by providing key resources when they need it the most:
- Software. Receive fast and easy access to current full-featured Microsoft development tools, platform technologies, and production licenses of server products for immediate use in developing and bringing to market innovative and interoperable solutions. There is no upfront cost to enroll.
- Support. Get connected to Network Partners around the world — incubators, investors, advisors, government agencies and hosters — that are equally involved and vested in software-fueled innovation and entrepreneurship who will provide a wide range of support resources.
- Visibility. Achieve global visibility to an audience of potential investors, clients and partners
As a Microsoft BizSpark member, you’ll be tapping into a rich, vibrant ecosystem of peers, partners and support resources around the globe, helping you grow and succeed. Microsoft BizSpark is the quickest way to get your Startup fired up.
- Check to see if you qualify – most privately held software development startups in business for less than 3 years that are generating annual revenue under USD $1 million can join.
- Connect with a BizSpark Network Partner or a Microsoft BizSpark Champ to get your BizSpark enrollment code.
- Enrollment is free, just pay a USD $100 program offering fee at program exit.
As a Microsoft® BizSpark™ member, you get access to software, support and a rich, vibrant ecosystem of peers, partners and support resources around the globe. Microsoft BizSpark is the quickest way to get your startup fired up.